Sunday, August 23, 2009

EU- France-Paris

France-Blog-PARIS

Paris is such a beautiful city with a noticeable quantity of quality architecture let over from its rich history. However, it was dark, raining, and cloudy and also expensive to eat or shop in grocery stores. Unexpectedly, I found the city to be dirty with a layer of soot over the city which means that I found the outdoor space such as streets and public areas to be poorly kept. Plus twice I felt extremely unsafe as did the other girls in our group. Admittedly, the little bit of food that I did get to eat was good and clearly if you are willing to pay the premium prices, in Euros, then there is truly wonderful food to be had.

When we first arrived we did a bus tour which showed us all the main tourist attractions but then on my spare time I visited the Ark of Triumph, Eiffel Tower, Luve, a Turkish Hamam and the botanical gardens.

I must commend France for being against GMO's. Which is decision based on the precautionary principle rather then on scientific opinion. I feel that this will allow a portion of the world to be left uncontaminated by modified foods, which may just give us the necessary genetic diversity in order to combat failed monocroppings with new immunities.

In closing, I would go back to Paris and other places in France but I would make sure that I was with someone who spoke French.

No comments:

Post a Comment